This jailbreak method was developed by a long time hacker who goes by the handle geohot. His method ( named linmera1n ) was useful in jailbreaking 4.1 and is still in play as the exploit is hardware based. The first (and only ) program out the door to incorporate the right hooks to jailbreak 4.2.1 is called RedsnOw.
It’s not being a long time that Apple had launched its next generation iPad 2, the brilliant iPhone Hacker Posixninja the member of the Chronic Dev team tweeted that they will start working on iPad 2 jailbreak running on iOS 4.3 once they get it. Here we provide you a way to jailbreak iPad 2, which is quite safe without any problem.
First, you need to download a tool - RedsnOw.
1. Run Redsn0w, and direct it to your current ipsw. The files can be found at the following locations. We suggest creating a new folder with a convenient name like "Jailbreaks" with a copy of the ipsw.
2. Check off Install Cydia as shown below:
3. Make sure your iPad is OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you hit next.
4. After hitting next, the guide will walk you through putting your device in DFU mode. Follow the onscreen instructions exactly.
5. Sit back and wait for now. You will get the following message:
So that is how to perform an iPad 2 jailbreak with iOS 4.3 using RedsnOw. Once you are all done, you can now enjoy and explore the Cydia app store and try out some new things such as customizing your theme, changing your icons, or trying out some apps that you probably have not even seen before.